November 23, 2010

What I Am Thankful For.......

  1. I am thankful to my neighbor for hanging not 1, not 2, but THREE wind chimes on their back deck which happen to face my master bedroom window.   My day is so much more productive when I am awaken at 5 AM.  Remote starting your car and listening to the engine wind has saved me the trouble of setting a back-up alarm for 5:30.   Letting the dogs out at 6 AM is a great final reminder to get up.  Thank You.
  2. I am thankful to my husband for still NOT removing the air conditioner in the master bedroom so that the stink bugs have somewhere safe and warm to escape to before winter sends them to their death.  Perhaps we could forego the screens next summer so the wasps and bees could build their hives inside?
  3. I am thankful to wake up every morning when I fall into the toilet cause one of the boys has failed to put the seat back down.   Well, actually I AM thankful that my ass is still small enough to do that ;)
  4. I am thankful for a Dunkin Donuts who has thought of several creative ways to fulfill my morning iced coffee with milk and sugar order.   It is a unique approach to customer service.   Oh - and extra kudos for those mornings when you forget to include the straw!
  5. I am thankful to my husband for being so considerate of my time so as to not waste it on silly things like foreplay.   "Well the kids are asleep" is all the encouragement I need.
  6. I am thankful for the car, pellet stove, and TV all breaking in one week so I could easily balance my checkbook to zero.   Having to add and subtract a bunch of numbers is just too much work.
  7. I am thankful for Z-Toad being such a loving child so that he shares every cold, cough, and sniffle he gets with me.  It is great that he is only sick for a few days and that I get to keep his "love" much longer.
  8. I am also thankful for Z-Toad ratting me out to the cop when I was pulled over.  The officer asked me if I knew the speed limit.  I said "no".  Z-Toad loudly spoke up "Mommy I just told you that the speed limit was 30 and you said it didn't matter."   Glad to see my "Be Honest" lessons have been heard.  Although - "Stay away from the hot stove", "use your fork to eat", "GO get a tissue", and "we don't do that in front of anyone" have been universally ignored.
  9. I am thankful for J-Toad being so smart that after having BMI explained to him he exclaimed "Wow, mom yours must be like 90" to the room.   I am also thankful that J-Toad is capable of "reading" my bitch-face quickly and recanted his statement before Child Welfare needed to be called.
  10. Lastly I am thankful for all this wonderful technology.  Without I-phones, I-pads, X-Box's, Wii's, laptops, World of Warcraft, DS, Facebook, etc..... why we might have to {shudder} speak to one another.  Um - other than.   "Do you remember my password?",  "Can you put your headphones on?",  "Daddy how do I get to Dalaran?" and "Why can't I take my I-Pod into the bathroom?" 
Hope everyone has a Very Happy Thanksgiving!!!  I am very thankful to have such a wonderful family that gives me plenty of material to blog about!!

Hugs~
Tracie

3 comments:

vixen kitten said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Sugar.

I am thankful your posts never fail to make me smile! One of the "good thangs" that came from the Cowboy Fallout Saga.

xoxo
~vk~

Claudya Martinez said...

I'm thankful for your sense of humor. You make me laugh and I'm always grateful for a laugh.

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful to have "met" you, twinsie! Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!